Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
MISSION – Preserving local history is the central mission of the Bangor and Area Historical Society. As part of this mission, the Society seeks to educate the public about this history in its various forms.
WHAT WE OFFER THE COMMUNITY:
- Free Scanning of Property Abstracts
- Fairview Cemetery Headstone Restoration Project with Bangor High School Students
- Preservation of Archival Documents, Photographs, Artifacts, and Historical Clothing.
- Special Collection of Bangor High School Yearbooks
- Virtual Exhibits and E-Catalogue of Collection
- Curriculum Support for History Educators and Students in Bangor Schools
- Sponsorship of National History Day for young historians.
- Letters Home project: Collection of Soldiers Letters from Past Wars.
- Genealogical Resources
- Annual Christmas Walk
MEETINGS OF THE SOCIETY:
Members of the general public are encouraged to attend our monthly business meeting which take place on the third Monday evenings at 7:00p.m. at the Old Baptist Church on Badger Street.
COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT POLICY
BHS Coll. Dev. Final Draft.Approved May 20th meeting, 2013.pdf
READ ABOUT THE DIARY OF ANNA RUEDY, BANGOR FARM GIRL (1874-1884)
Source: Wisconsin Magazine of History (Autumn, 2010).
John Ruedy’s Business Ledger
Excerpts from the oldest farm business ledger in the Bangor area.
See how much each transaction costs in today’s dollars.
Business Ledger.John Ruedy.1859-1872 – Copy.pdf